Tuesday, December 20, 2005

DC is blowed up

So I woke up at 7:30 this morning to the sound of yelling, accompanied by screaming machinery and a thud so hard it shook the building several times. Because I'm a rational person, I made the logical assumption that we were under a terrorist attack. After all, no one would do any kind of roofing work or anything on a building at 7:30 in the morning without informing any of the residents that they might be woken up that morning at the ass crack of dawn by what sounds like the background to that track on the second Tool album with the screaming baby thing in it. Am I right?

No. I'm wrong. I'm absolutely fucking wrong. Jesus H. Christ, at least a terrorist attack would have been acceptable. Jihad I can deal with. America is mean. I get it. But roofers - roofers have no excuse. What did I do to them? More importantly, who asked them to come crack the ice off my fucking building without letting everyone who lives here know what's up? This is DC. It gets icy. I have a feeling the management knew this. Cause it's snowed here every year since... well... forever. So I bet they knew this would happen. How about a little notice, huh? George Bush is wrong. The terrorists don't hate our freedom. They hate our inconsiderate roofers and building managers. So do I. Infidels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home