Monday, March 19, 2007

David Caruso, you magnificent bastard

So I'm watching CSI: Miami. I know. It's not because I miss Miami - it's because there's nothing that comes close to being as bad as the actual city as the show about the city. I'll set the scene:

It's a charity gala event at a hospital opened by some exceedingly wealthy, young, attractive people. It's outside on a glorious sunny Miami day - the kind that never actually happens when I'm in town. The woman hosting offers a toast, champagne corks are popped, one after the other - followed by . . . a SHOT! A man comes tumbling out onto the second story terrace, stumbles over the balcony, and falls down, impaling himself on a crystalline ice sculpture - like a miniature icy Fortress of Solitude. Officers arrive on the scene. The medical examiner comments to Lieutenant Horatio Kane that killing a man in broad daylight in a house full of people is cold. Horatio puts his wraparound glasses back on and retorts: "Cold as ice, Katherine. Cold as ice." [Cue the Who]

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm trying to reach Alia Shields, AKA Alia S/Splendid Failures. Somehow I came across her blog in which she mentions me by name and a poem I once taught her by David Wagoner, Staying Alive. I don't know how to reach her but saw references to "Josh" and on your site I saw a list of potential girlfriends, Alia Shields among those. Who else? Please pass on this request to her. I merely want to see how/what she is doing and if she still writes beautiful poetry. Thanks.

Mitchell Haness

5:01 AM  
Blogger Superjosh said...

Dear Mr. Haness,

Alia (my wife) actually noticed your comment on my blog today and pointed it out. She'd love to get in touch with you - just post an email address to her blog (splendidfailures.blogspot.com) and she can send you a message. I don't know that you remember me, but I'm Josh Kaplan, class of '98. Alia and I actually became friends in your class, and we remember it fondly. As for what she's doing now (and I say this with great nostalgia) - "ask her! She's a librarian!" Hope all is well in Florida.

Best,

Josh Kaplan

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home